Art by Norman E. Masters
How To Print Sheet Music From The *Cosmic Wind* Archive
In order to produce high quality printouts which fill a full page we have intentionally left the page scans very large.
Your browser will probably not print these properly. For best results, follow the instructions below.
If you do not feel confident following these instructions, collar someone who is good with computers and get them to do it for you (or show you how).
TIP: You may want to print out this page before beginning.
If you are NOT using a Microsoft Windows computer, you will definitely need to find someone who is good with your particular system, and get their help. In that case, I'm afraid I can't help you.
If you have a problem and all else fails, you may write me concerning the instructions on this page at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll try to help you out. For any other computer related problems, I offer consultation & support at reasonable rates.
Step By Step Instructions
- Download The IrfanView Program from http://www.irfanview.com/english.htm
- Click the link above
- Click the "Download" button on the left hand side of the page
- Click the link for the "Self Extracting EXE" file
- If you are prompted where to put it, choose "Desktop" from the drop down box labeled "Save In"
These instructions may not be necessary if you chose "Run" when you clicked the download link in the prior step.Create a new folder on your desktop called "Sheet Music" (Click Here For Detailed Instructions on This Step) Download Each Sheet Of Music (from the main directory page) into the folder called "Sheet Music" (Click Here for Detailed Instructions On This Step) Print Each Sheet Using IrfanView (Click Here for Detailed Instructions On This Step)
- Minimize all the windows until you are looking at your Desktop
- Find the file labeled "IViewXXX.exe" (the XXX will be a number).
- Double click the file and follow the instructions
How To Create A New Folder
- Right Click on your Desktop (the part of the screen with "My Computer" on it)
- Choose the menu item labeled "New"
- Choose the menu item labeled "Folder" from the resulting pop-up menu
- Type the name of the new folder
- Press "Enter" on your keyboard
How To Download Music Sheets
- On the main music directory page, click the page link you are interested in with the Right Mouse Button
- Choose the menu item which looks most like "Save Link As...", or "Save Target As..." The actual wording may be slightly different depending on what browser you are using.
- In the Drop-Down box labeled "Save In" which appears at the top of the resulting dialog box, choose the folder called "Sheet Music" (This is the folder you created on the desktop).
- Press the "Save" Button
Remember, you must repeat this for EACH page of music
How To Print With IrfanView
- Open IrfanView (it should appear under Start->Programs->IrfanView)
- Drop down the "File" menu and choose "Open..."
- In the Drop-Down box labeled "Look In" which appears at the top of the resulting dialog box, choose the folder called "Sheet Music" (This is the folder you created on the desktop).
- Click The Page you want to print
- Click the "Open" Button
- Drop down the "File" menu and choose "Print"
- In the resulting dialog, choose your printer (if necessary).
- If you know how to change your printer settings (I can't tell you because every printer is different) I recommend
Press the "Print" button In the resulting Dialog make sure the following items are "Ticked". Click them if they are not:
- Best Quality
- Portrait Paper Orientation
Press the "Print" button
- Best Fit To Page
- Center Image On Page
- Headnote: None
- Footnote: None
Go Back To The Music Listing